“Entry’s open on the 1st of August 2016”
- The Myrtleford Alpine Rally has been set up as a charity ride to put some money back into a community that has been there in the good times and bad. Located in the Merriang Plantation and entering through the Buffalo River Region will be 2 loops of fully marked tracks.The morning loop approx. 70kms will consist of fire trails, ridge riding and some more challenging open flowing tracks.The afternoon loop approx. 60kms will be more flowing trails to an optional tight single track which will prove to be fun and challenging.All trails will be made to suit the intermediate rider with some harder sections if you wish.Open to entrants who must hold a current motorcycle license and have a registered bike, Recreational Registration is acceptable. The course will have Marshall Points and have ample sweep riders available.COSTS: $140.00 per rider. “Includes 2 fully arrowed loops with lunch between loops and dinner back at the McNamara reserve. Each rider will receive a free entry into the major raffle of a Honda CRF 50 mini bike and a t-shirt. Breakfast will be available at the track at an extra cost”
- WHERE: The ride will leave form the Hodgkinson Property in Buffalo River (1540 Buffalo River Road) Approx. 15kms from Myrtleford heading towards Lake Buffalo. Markers will be in place on the day.
- Saturday the 24th September 2016
- Registration and scrutineering opens at 7:30 to 8:00am
- 8:00am start, and hope to be finished riding by 4.00pm.
- Riders will not be permitted to leave after 10:00am
- Riders will leave in group intervals.
NOTE: The Department of Sustainability and Environment (DSE) have advised us that they will be at the rally. Exhaust noise limit is set at: 94 dB(A) as per Motorcycling Australia Enduro GCRs. Keeping exhaust noise down is an important part of maintaining community support for the rally. Please respect rally organisers and the local community by making sure your bike has a quiet exhaust. Bikes with modified or aftermarket exhausts will be noise tested at scrutineering by DSE. Any bike that has not got a head light and tail on it will not be participating in the event, it is a requirement of the Landowner and no exceptions will be made. You will need to bring your license and proof of registration, we will hold your license until the end of the day. Tear offs are NOT PERMITTED so don’t bring them. This event is not a race and is Non-refundable. – Full support vehicles with first aid officers
Waiver of Liabilities & Indemnities:
MFNC will not be liable for or in respect of any proceeding, claim, loss, damage, cost, penalty or fine arising from any death or personal injury and/or property damage occurring or suffered at any time as a result of or in connection with my use of the motorcycle or attendance at, or participation in, the Rally whether caused or contributed to, directly or indirectly, by any act or omission (including negligence) on the part of MFNC. So far as this clause operates to exclude conditions that would otherwise be implied in this agreement by the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), the following particulars are applicable:
- Except to the extent that the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic) applies such that liability cannot be excluded or limited, MFNC will not be liable for or in respect of any proceeding, claim, loss, damage, cost, penalty or fine suffered, incurred or arising at any time by me or in my favour as a result of or in connection with my use of a motorcycle or attendance at, or participation in the Rally whether caused or contributed to, directly or indirectly, by any act or omission (including negligence) on the part of MFNC.
- I indemnify MFNC and other entities whose names appear in schedule 1 to the extent permitted under the Australian Consumer Law and Fair Trading Act 2012 (Vic), or otherwise by law in respect of any proceedings, claims, losses, damages, injuries (including death), costs, penalties or fines arising as a result of or in connection with my use of a motorcycle or attendance at, or participation in the Rally whether caused or contributed to, directly or indirectly, by any act or omission (including negligence) on the part of MFNC or another of the entities.
- Myrtleford Football Netball Club (MFNC)
- Department of Sustainability and Environment
- Bob McNamara
- Ian Hodgkinson
- Hancock VictorianPlantation(HVP)
- Any and all landowners whose properties are accessed and utilised to conduct the Rally
- All other persons involved in the organisation, conduct or promotion of the Rally
Thanks to a few of the guys we have got some retro dirt bikes, and they will all be on display back at the Myrtleford Club Function Room (L. G. Ablett pavilion) for you to admire while enjoying a few coldies!
Thanks to all our Sponsors for helping us make this event possible